Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Sledding

Wow! What a fantastic start to the new year. I went sledding with my friend Stacey, her husband, and kids today at our nearby county park. First off, I have never been sledding in my life! It was more fun than I ever imagined.
It was so fun to play like a kid. We laughed and squeeled with delight. I of course screamed like I was on a roller coster as I went down. I'm sure people miles away could hear me. We would race back up the hill so that we could go back down again. They brought at least 5 sleds, so there was no waiting for something to slide down the hill on.

I prefered the old fashioned tobaggon sled as it moved a little slower so I could enjoy the ride because it was a long hike back up. I went down a couple of times on the big innertube, and it was so fast I thought I needed goggles! I can't wait to go again.

There is no way I would have wanted nor could I have done this 50 pounds heavier. I went today with the intention of playing like a 10 year old. I didn't care who else was there or what they thought of me. That is a huge step for me. This was something totally out of the old Brenda's comfort zone. The most important thing was to have fun with my friend and her family.

2008 is already great.


P.S. I can't believe how great I look in this last pic. My hips are so slim for me! Look how much fun I am having!



No comments: