Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sweet Sixteen Baby!!!!!!

This past weekend I went shopping with mom for new pants. I was literally down to only one pair that fit and here in Michigan it is just too damn cold to wear skirts every day. So off we went to the nearest mall and to my two favorite stores. CJ Banks, (the plus size version of Christopher Banks) and Lane Bryant. I used to shop exclusively at Lane, but now that I am 35, I just don’t feel I can wear a lot of their clothes as they just seem too “young” for me. I am still a fan of Lane, I just have to pick and chose my styles a bit more. I love the bras and panties at Lane though.....

Anyway, CJ Banks was our first stop where I found a pair of black trousers that fit well in a sweet size 16. Granted there is a bit of elastic in the waist, but still…….Size 16 is size 16 people! Six short months ago I was in a size 26! You do the math..…oh never mind, I'll do it for you..…that is a difference of 10 numbers!!!! I won’t say 10 sizes because really it goes to 18, 20, 22, 24, and 26 which is more like 5 sizes.

So screw you, you damn scale gods! You may not be giving me the numbers I want to see, but I am getting my victories elsewhere!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wooo hoo!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Better than a scale victory any day.

Susie H said...

What an awesome moment. Brenda, I just followed the link to your blog from Back in Skinny Jeans, and I had to read your whole archive!! You rock, and I love your positive go-getter attitude. I look forward to seeing more posts :)