Friday, January 4, 2008

Stop the Presses!!!!!!

I accomplished a huge milestone today in the gym at lunch. I ran 1/3 of a mile today on the treadmill at one time without stopping. 1/3 of a mile! That is 1760 feet. That is 586.6 yards. That equals six city blocks. That equals I wonder if I had a mental block about running until I passed the 50 pound mark. Now I just want to run, run, run. The old me would only run if Ben and Jerry’s was on sale or the Crispy Cream Donut light was on.

I am so thrilled. My lungs hurt a smidge from breathing heavy, but my legs and knees felt fine while doing it. I also give credit to the new songs I downloaded onto my ipod last night. I did “Let’s get it started” by Black Eyed Peas and “Move Bitch” by Ludacris. I’m gonna be singing “move bitch, get out the way, get out the way, bitch, get out the way” all day now!

I am training to run the Crim Festival of Races in August. I think that is an 8 mile run. Before that I will get my feet wet by running some local 5Ks. I am on my way!

No comments: