Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Runners VS Joggers

It has come to my attention from reading other blogs that there is a major distinction between a runner and a jogger.

Runners are revered and it sounds like joggers are mostly considered shit. The bright spot is that there is a very clear line between the two types of people. A person can call themselves a “Runner” if they can run a mile in less than 9 minutes. A person is considered a “jogger” if they run a mile in anything more than 9 minutes.

As you can see from my time on the treadmill yesterday I need to shave 4:53 off my mile in order to call myself a runner. You can bet your ass that I will eventually be able to call myself a runner. This is a title I will have.

Marathoners have an even more elite title as only .1% of 1% of the world’s population have ever run a marathon.

No comments: