Saturday, May 10, 2008

Weigh in report for May 10th

First let me say that our Boot Camp trainer, Kiersten was very specific that we are not to weigh ourselves until at the end of boot camp. I did anyway.

I was up .8 pounds today. I am not surprised in the least and I was not the only bootcamp participant that gained this week. Honestly my legs feel as though there are cement blocks strapped to them today. I know that my muscles are inflamed and that certainly explains the gain. I am not detered or disappointed in the least.

Each week we are required to do two bonus workouts with our accountability groups. (The first night we formed our accountability groups.) Today despite the pain, I met with my accountability group for our bonus workout.

Our workout was called the "Mailbox shuffle". You jog for one mailbox, then sprint 3/4 of the way to the next mailbox, then shuffle sideways to the next one leading with your right leg, then shuffle sideways to the next one leading with your left leg. Then you walk one mailbox and start it all over again. Do this for 30-45 minutes. Well, people don't have mailboxes at the end of their driveways in the city, so we decided to do it using full city blocks. (I think it would have been much easier using mailboxes). It was a tough workout, but I did WAY more of it than I thought I would have considering how sore I am.




No comments: