Monday, May 5, 2008

Free movie tickets

Friday morning on my way to work I won movie tickets from our local radio station. The tickets were for Harold and Kumar Escape Guantanamo Bay. I didn't know anything about this movie. I only knew that it was a comedy. I thought they may be some neat political jabs considering part of it was obliviously set at Guantanamo Bay.

Let me just say that if I had actually paid for these tickets I would have demanded my money back. This was the grossest, most juvenile movie for stoned individuals I have ever seen. I am not some 70 year old prude that can’t laugh at a joke, but this was just disgusting, stupid movie. I can laugh at lots of stuff. I just don’t think showing ejaculate hitting someone’s face is funny. The row of guys in the back row with a serious case of the munchies thought it was HILARIOUS!

Until yesterday I have never gotten up and left a movie but ten minutes into this stupid flick I got up (left John there) and snuck into the theater playing Baby Mama with Tina Fey and Amy Pohler. I only got to see the last half but it was cute. I would like to go back and see the first half. After Baby mama was over I went back into the theater and things had not gotten any more intelligent. I think I had to suffer through another 15 or 20 minutes until it was over. Even John (who prides himself on growing up in the city) said it was a pretty RAW movie.

So if you have any senses DON’T go see this. Thank me for saving and hour and a half of your life.

No comments: