Thursday, May 22, 2008

Vacation

I have a Thursday and Friday off this week. It is the first time I've ever taken more than one day off in a row at this job. The automotive industry is so dynamic and immediate that it seems there is always a fire that needs putting out.

I was supposed to have a garage sale at my house this weekend but with all the time spent on boot camp this month I just did not have the huzpah to clean the garage out too. We'll just put that little task off until next month.

I did manage to drag my ass out of bed at 5am this morning and attend another exhilarating boot camp workout on the sledding hill. More relays, more relays, and more relays up the hill. My legs felt like jelly and my heart felt like it was going to come out of my chest, but I really dug deep and gave it everything I had. Kiersten the trainer must have noticed because she named me camp champ for the day. (She choses one person per workout that gave it their all and had good form in all they did) Way cool.

I must have talked myself out of going at least 25 times between getting home from work last night and even as I was letting dogs out to potty at 5am. Basically I used guilt to get myself moving this morning. Tomorrow I am treating myself to my first pedicure in years. This was my almost done with boot camp reward. I asked my self last night how in the world I could in good conscience enjoy my pedicure Friday knowing that I had willingly missed a workout! Ahhh, guilt. What a universal motivator.

No comments: