Wednesday, May 7, 2008

First night of Bootcamp

Boot camp started last night and I was already freaking out yesterday before we met and I am still freaking out. I just keep thinking that she hasn't cashed my check yet, so I could probably get my money back. I am going to give this my all. I will follow the program to the T.

Last night we didn't do a workout, we just did some testing. I was only able to do 16 pushups (others averaged mid 30's). The sit-ups were humiliating. She doesn't do crunches (I can do plenty of those...did 38 in the minute) but actual full sit ups. I couldn't even do one! I'm not even sure of how to teach my body to do them. I was pretty embarrassed. I really wish I would have signed up for the optional prep course that was offered now.

She gave us basic instructions and a booklet with our menu in it. Everything is very spelled out. For example there are 17 different options for breakfast, 20 options for lunch, 14 options for snacks, and 16 options for dinner. We are allowed to choose one breakfast, one lunch, one snack, and one dinner per day.
I’m not sure how many calories per day we are looking at, I haven’t done the math.
Here is what I chose today for my breakfast option. 1 multigrain waffle, 1 cup low fat cottage cheese, 1 cup fresh strawberries and one slice low fat turkey bacon. Not bad, decent volume, and good protein.
For today’s lunch I am having 3 oz chicken breast, 2 slices of tomato, 1 cup alfalfa sprouts, 1 cup shredded lettuce, 1 TBS FF ranch dressing, and 1 low fat whole wheat pita.
Haven’t decided what I am having for a dinner option yet.
For my only snack I will have 8oz low fat yogurt. ONE SNACK????? What am I supposed to do after dinner without my skinny cow? Looks like I will be heading out for a walk or something to take my mind off it.

So, I have to say I am more apprehensive than excited. This seemed like a much better idea a month ago........ It does really show me that I tend to play things safe and only try things I think I will be successful at. Also I don't think I have been pushing myself hard enough. This is really taking me out of my comfort zone which I know is good. The only result will be getting stronger and leaner.

1 comment:

Lovebug6100 said...

This sounds like a great opportunity, I wish there was something like that here and I know I certainly would be nervous and probably would die trying.....the end result will definately be worth it. And have more faith in youself!