Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Boot Camp Diet

We have a very strict diet to go along with our boot camp experience. Well, with some searching, I was able to find the diet online that she gave us. Forgive me if I sound like a snob, but our diet is the 10 day diet that comes with the Turbo Jam DVD's. An infomercial? Really? This diet that I am blindly following is from an infomercial?

Granted she made a few modifications, like instead of certain things each day, we get to chose our meals from a list of choices. She also eliminated one of the snacks that the Turbo Jam diet allows. Basically though, it is the same thing. Turbo Jam says you should only do it for 10 days but we are doing it for the whole month.

I must admit that since I found this out yesterday my confidence in the meal plan has wavered. I am feeling deprived of fruits and vegetables and I am more upset about that than I am giving up all forms of sweetener. Also the combinations are bizarre. One of the breakfast choices is 5 egg whites with a cup of broccoli. Broccoli? For Breakfast? Really? I don't think so.

I've decided I am going to modify the diet just a bit. I am going to add in more fruits and veggies. I will count the calories so that I stay around 1200-1300. I am going to eat lean proteins and very little carbs. I will still stay away from anything processed or with sweetener in it. So no fiber one bars, no skinny cow, no FF sugar free pudding.

No comments: