Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The long Weekend and Weigh in Report

What a jam packed 5 days off I had. Thursday I visited with old coworkers and did a little clothes shopping and had a pedicure. Friday I was very productive and actually cleaned my garage! I took back half of the pop cans so far and cleared over 20 bucks.

Saturday weigh in was disappointing to say the least. I was up 1.4 pounds. I wasn’t expecting a loss considering last weeks huge loss, but I sure wasn’t expecting a gain! My body is so very frustrating. So, I decided that I was going to take Sat and Sunday off my clean eating. I enjoyed, (really enjoyed) a bagel and a mocha and even made some Fat Free Sugar Free pudding. I didn’t go overboard on calories, but ate what I wanted.

The non clean eating continued on Sunday. I attended the wedding of one of my dearest friends Amanda. Amanda and I had some undergrad classes together and she is also a member of the kennel club. She would often show Morgan for me too. Being that Amanda is a dog person, it was no surprise that the ring bearer was her golden retriever Oakley! The wedding was beautiful and the reception was a lot of fun. Gotta love the open bar! I enjoyed three drinks and it took me a few hours to get to the point I could drive home. I am such a lightweight. I’ve never been much of a drinker, I always preferred to eat my calories. Dinner was prime rib with little red potatoes, and grilled veggies. I even ate the cake that they served for dessert. Certainly not a boot camp approved evening.

Yesterday I worked at my summer part time job as a gate attendant for the county park system. This is one of the most boring jobs ever invented but it is so relaxing. For eight hours I sit on a picnic table and charge admission to the park. I get to catch up on my reading, catch a few rays, and sometimes visit with some interesting people. It is an excuse to just do nothing. No dishes, no vacuuming, no laundry. Just be still. I can even bring a dog with me! I did spend a bit of time doing dips on the picnic table, crunches, pushups, lunges and a bit of yoga.

So back to the grind of work and boot camp today. At least it is a short week. I plan to get to the kettlebell class today. I have boot camp workout tonight and tomorrow night and then the finale party is Thursday evening. I am ready for boot camp to be over.

No comments: