Friday, May 30, 2008

I affected "Green" change

Today I finished sealing the deal on changing over the cleaner we use in the factory to clean the floors.

About two months ago a salesman from Biosolutions approached me about this “green cleaner” that they developed along with the EPA. This new cleaner has a balanced PH so if an employee got it on their skin; they just have to wash it off normally. The cleaner we used to use had such a high PH that it would “defat” the skin with contact. It is also completely safe for the environment.

Everything does come down to dollars and cents and this cleaner was only about .01 cent more than what we were using. I’m sure we wouldn’t have switched if it was exponentially more expensive.

I feel like I changed my little corner of the world today.

No comments: