Friday, February 1, 2008

Showering

Quick! Call the etiquette police. I have a confession: I workout every day in the middle of the day on my lunch hour and I don’t shower after! I heard you gasp!

Yep, when I am done training, (BTW doesn’t “training” sound so much more important and relevant than working out?) I blow dry the sweat off my neck and hair, touch up the hair and makeup, apply some extra deodorant and get dressed. I only take a one hour lunch and I train the entire hour. It would take way to long to shower and then have to redo my hair and such.

I know many people say that would rather die than sweat and then go back to work (Pam G comes to mind). I for one don’t mind. One, I have a large private office so it’s not like I have a cube mate that has to smell me and two, I don’t see customers or have many visitors. Honestly I look quite normal and don’t think you could tell I had worked out once the redness is gone from my face.

The way I look at it is that I’d rather be sweaty and smelly than stay fat the way I was. I love the convenience of being able to get my work out in the middle of the day. I think I would talk myself out of exercising if I saved it until the after work, and I already get up at 5am to get to work, I am certainly not going to start getting up at 4! That’s just crazy talk.

I mean, what would you do, work out less so you had time to shower, come in early or leave late in order to workout and shower after? Or am I not alone that a little sweat is not that big of a deal. Or do you think I am a repulsive smelly loser with bad hygiene?

Oh and since I am in the middle of confessing deep dark secrets, here is another confession. I wear my gym clothes for weeks on end until I can’t stand the smell of them.

Hey that sweaty smell is my badge of honor baby!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would do the exact thing if I had a gym closer to my work.

all the time I go on walks up hill and come back to work slightly sweaty.

I think the moment I smelled bad I might have second thoughts, but I rarely smell... if I do say so myself. haha.

Anonymous said...

I love to workout during lunch. The workout is a better way to stay lively during the afternoon versus something like a coffee/caffeine fix.

BTW, that dog picture is just so darn adorable. I want to hug the dog!