Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'm thinking about it, are you?

I don’t think I will ever stop thinking about food. Before I was on weight watchers, I was thinking about my next binge or where the next fast food drive through was.

I still think about food as much as a teenage boy thinks about sex. It’s the last thing on my mind when I go to bed and the first thing I think about when I open my eyes in the morning. Granted I am not planning a binge, but I am still planning my eating for the day.

Some say that isn’t healthy and that weight watchers keep us too focused on food. Food Obsessed. I think they are trying to change that by adding the core menu. They want us to be able to read our body’s signals to stop eating when we are satisfied. I would love to do core, but I don’t trust myself to listen to my body. I need points to tell me when I am done.

Hopefully I will be able to someday live on core but until then I will keep counting my points and being obsessed with what I eat. I realize I’m still obsessed with food, but better to be obsessed with healthy food than the alternative.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, I also think of food all day long. I recently suffered thru a binge and having the access to you and other bloggers have been able to get back on track and "obsess" about doing things a better way.