Thursday, February 7, 2008

What is it about an enormous snow storm to makes you want to hole up inside? In all, we got about 14 inches of snow last night at my house. Let me tell you, that is a lot of snow. John and I were going to go to the movies to see Cloverfield, but decided to stay home and eat chili instead.

I didn’t even let the dogs stay out very long yesterday. After a few minutes they turned into snow men. They were having a blast running and jumping with each other, but, considering our bed is currently in the dinning room because of construction, I did not want seven dogs jumping on my bed with all that snow on them. I promised them today I will let them all out to romp for over an hour. Of course that means they will all need blown dry when they get in. But their little toothy grins make the grooming worth it.

Good news though, I did get an early workout in because I had to get the snow blower out and snow blow the driveway before I could go to work. John had to work today too, so I was the good wife and cleaned his car off too. It took 45 minutes to snow blow, and clean off our cars, and I worked up a good sweat doing it. Today I am just going to do an easy walk in the afternoon with Stacey and call it good.

I would say I am still in a bit of a funk. I haven’t felt like writing in the blog much. I’m not going over my points, but I can just tell I’m a little off this week. Workouts have been so-so. We have had so much bad weather lately and that has made my commute terrible. I can’t tell you the last time I was able to drive over 45. I love the pretty snow and want to get back out and cross country ski, but I would really like a normal drive to work.

1 comment:

Susie H said...

It's tough to hang in there, when the weather doesn't cooperate, isn't it? Spring's a-coming, I promise :)