Saturday, February 9, 2008

Part II Weigh in Report for Feb 9th

So as soon as the race was over, I sped across town to get the last Saturday Weight Watchers meeting. I took off my under armor layers and went back out to the scale to be weighed. I was feeling good. Looked awful from just being outside in the mist, but knew I had that healthy glow.

Then, I got the results. Down .2 pounds again for a total loss of 51.4 pounds. What the Fuck??????? Talk about taking the wind out of your sales. (I am thinking the scales at WW bears a striking resemblance to a Lobster!) I have to admit that I actually sat in my WW meeting with tears running down my cheeks. I was just so deflated.

How can this be? I’ve been so committed to doing this, why won’t my body commit back? I am eating within my points, and working out and being active and this is the repayment I get? .2 pounds?!? I am so frustrated I can’t even begin to express to you how I feel about this

1 comment:

Lovebug6100 said...

HI....I've been reading your blog for a few weeks now and I find you very inspiring...and can relate to a lot of what you've said. I used to think that weighing in after working out would provide the best results but I found that to be quite the opposite. The water that I drank to hydrate while exercising does not clear the digestive/urinary system as fast. And after working out, while the muscles recover, there is some build up of lactic acid and an outflow of chemicals and hormones that repair the damage done to the muscles just used....you'll see the benefit of the exercise two or three days later, when you've recovered...and 51 pounds is amazing....I can't wait for the day when I can make the same claim! Great job!