Monday, December 17, 2007

Quickstart Day One

Well of the four choices I had given myself on Saturday to increase my weight loss, I decided to try the new Quickstart plan for a week. Yikes! That means I get 20 points per day for a week. I am taking it one day at a time. I can do anything for a day. I am approaching this like I do tough exercise. I tell myself I can do anything for 1 minute, and then I push myself to do another minute, and another. I’ll do the same this week with Quickstart.

Sunday was my first day of Quickstart. It was pretty easy because I sleep half the day on Sundays. I didn’t get up until 11:30am. I made egg white Mcmuffins for a late breakfast. Later, I picked up a Subway sandwich and ate it on my way to meet friends at the movies.

At the movies I was able to resist the toxic movie theater popcorn because I had popped my own and stuck it in my purse. Yep, I am now one of those people……..the people that sneak their own food into movie theaters. Haters be damned! I was very satisfied with my 1 point bag of popcorn. I still bought popcorn for the little girls I was with, so it’s not like I hurt the movie theater’s bottom line. We saw Enchanted the new Disney movie with Patrick Dempsey. It was so fun. It is nice to have little girls in my life so I can go see little kid movies again.

After the movie, I had a chicken breast and lots of steamed veggies along with a zero point Progresso soup. I still had enough points left over for one of my low fat egg nog milk shakes. I know that there will be days this week that I don’t have 4 points to spend on a milkshake.
So day one was very successful and I didn’t feel hungry. My only worry with the Quickstart is that for some reason I lose water or muscle weight. I do not want to lose any of the muscle mass I have built over the last few months. I figure as long as I eat foods that are good for my body, I should be okay. Check in tomorrow for Quickstart Day Two

No comments: