Thursday, December 13, 2007

It's my birthday!!!!!


Warning: This post is sugary happy and you may have to count WW points for reading it because it is so sweet……

It’s my birthday!!!!! Isn’t that what Frosty said when he was brought to life?…..no, actually I think he just said Happy Birthday!
Actually it’s not even really my birthday, but honestly everyday feels like my birthday now. I wake up in the morning with a smile on my face because my life is so amazing. I am blessed the love of my husband and my dogs. I have a wonderful family and a very special group of friends that add so much to my life. Physically and emotionally I feel amazing.

I think that this is the first time in my life where I am truly happy. Unexpected events (like closing the garage door on my car and breaking the garage door opener which I did last week) don’t get me frazzled or upset anymore. Stuff can be fixed and or replaced. Its people and our relationships with them that are important.

Everyday I make the choice to do great things for myself like eat right, work out and stick to my budget. Just those three things make such a difference in my mood. I don’t worry about money anymore, because we have a budget that we stick to. We have an “emergency fund” for when the garage door needs fixed. That’s what that money is there for. So last week, instead of freaking out about an upcoming bill to fix the door and letting those emotions spill over into making poor food choices, I went on about the evening as usual. John called the repair people and I wrote a out a check and mailed it to them today. Easy Peasy

I don’t worry about the scale, because every week I know that I have given it my all by working out everyday, and making good food choices to stay within my points and what happens…… happens.

No comments: