Saturday, November 3, 2007

Weekly weigh in and activity report


I have to admit I was a bit apprehensive as I stepped on the scales this morning. I had such a huge loss last week, I thought for sure my body would be retaliating against me this week. Not so. I lost another 2.6 pounds this week for a grand total of 34 pounds in 14 weigh ins. Not too shabby, I must say. I had great workouts this week and always stayed within my points.

After the meeting, another member approached me and said she had lost a lot of weight too, and wondered if I would like her old clothes. How kind and generous is that? I do not have a budget for new clothes and fortunately have had some clothes in smaller sizes, but eventually I will run out of those too. I can’t wait to go weigh in next week and see what she brings. New clothes and a new friend, gotta love it.

Workouts, as I said earlier were great this week. Instead of my obligatory 5 workouts this week, I got in a 6th workout today with my weekly walk with Deb. Deb and I logged 6 miles today and wait for it…….wait for it……...we even jogged about 6 times for short distances. Dare I say I even sprinted the last couple of yards to the car. Me…..jogging…… and sprinting. I imagine that it won’t be long and Deb and I will be entering our first 5K! We both have the Crim race in Flint in the back of our mind, but I don’t know if I will be ready in a year (the Crim is held in August). It is certainly something to shoot for.

If you would have told me 4 months ago that I would get out of bed early to go to weight watchers (on my day off no less) and then go for a long walk each Saturday, I would have called you “a ball lost in tall weeds”. This accomplishment from the girl who could eat a Sara Lee Chocolate Cream Pie over the course of a day! (binging will be a topic for a later post)

No comments: