Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Egg Nog Milkshake

I LOVE.......I mean I LOVE ....McDonald’s egg nog milkshakes. I would look forward to this time of year just because of those shakes. I couldn’t find the exact nutritional information on them on the website, a medium chocolate shake was listed as 12 points and I decided I just wasn’t willing to spend that many points on a shake. I had to devise a way to make my own.

This weekend when I did grocery shopping I found a brand of Fat Free egg nog that is 2 points for ½ cup. The egg nog is not pretty to look at…. the color seems a bit off. Then I hit the ice cream isle. I found Bryers double churned sugar free vanilla ice cream that is only 1 point for ½ cup. I used 1 serving of the egg nog and 2 servings of the ice cream and added about 1/3 cup of fat free milk and blended.

It was amazing!!!!! I had my milk shake for only 4 points. It filled a tall glass and would be considered McDonald’s medium. I was very satisfied with my modifications and I saved myself 8 points. That is huge! I am thrilled that I found a way to work something back into my life that I thought I would have to give up.

No comments: