Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Attack of the killer Christmas Food Catalogs

Pfaelzler brothers, Harry and David, Hickory Farms, Honey Baked Ham. My mailbox has been stuffed catalogs from thse companies them this month. These catalogs have all been welcome in my home for many years. Most items are way too expensive to order, although there was a chocolate dipped cheesecake on a stick that I ordered a couple of times from Pfaelzler. They would come on dry ice even. DIVINE!!!! Don’t even want to know what the nutritional info was on that.
You can’t get away from Hickory Farms. They have booths in the mall; even Target has an end cap with all of their stuff. These items take up a chunk of that buffet table and often end up on your plate for the mindless eating you do at holiday gatherings. High fat meats and cheeses. Danger, Danger.
At work we are given a Honey Baked ham at Christmas. Ohhhh these are so yummy and not something I would ever purchase on my own. Once opened, that ham is a food group all its own. Ham sandwiches, scalloped potatoes and ham, ham and cheese omelets. (my stomach is growling and I have an abundance of saliva in my mouth right now thinking about it) Needless to say we have always really appreciated this gift and enjoyed it. This year, however, I think I will give it to my local soup kitchen and let someone else enjoy it. I just don’t dare have that ham in the house. I would love to have one of their turkeys instead, but it would be rude to complain about a gift from my company.

No comments: