Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Tiny Green Changes

Here is an update on my Tiny green changes I am trying to make in my life.

This week instead of putting all of my salad fixings in individual little ziplock baggies (I don’t like things to touch until I am ready to eat the salad) I dug out Rubbermaid containers with lids and pack everything in those. So, still using plastic, but at least it is plastic that I will reuse over and over again.

I am using reusable grocery bags that I bought at Trader Joes instead of taking my groceries home in the plastic bags at the grocery store.

I have switched to buying only organic milk. I’d like to switch my cottage cheese but it was $6.29 for a tiny container….I just couldn’t get past the sticker shock to buy it even though I had a $1.00 off coupon. Instead I am going to try to make my own. I found a recipe on the Food network site that I am going to try……can anyone say hippie naturalist????????

A coworker (Skeeter) is getting 2 dozen eggs for me every week when he buys his at the Amish farm by his house. I realize that Amish are not organic, but it is a far cry from the horrible cruelty that is committed at the commercial egg farms. Plus they are only $1.25 per dozen so they are cheaper than I can buy them at Meijers!

No comments: