Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Asparagus is in!!!!

Last night we had the first of the asparagus from the farm I pass on my way home from work. It was beyond divine. I steamed it in a dish in the microwave for about 4 minutes; put some butter spray on it along with some sea salt and we enjoyed it with some fresh Steelhead fish my coworker caught for me. What an amazing meal!

I bragged about how tasty it was at work today and have so many requests from my coworkers; I called the farm this morning and asked them to set aside 18 pounds for me to pick up on the way home.

It seems the long winter is almost over (although it was only 29 degrees this morning) and in just a few short months the farmer’s markets will be open for us to enjoy.

I had intentions of taking a picture of the asparagus that I purchased instead of using a stock image, but it was gone too fast. I have to share asparagus with the dogs. You should hear the whinning and begging that goes on when I am snapping the ends off the asparagus. Every dog gets at least three stalks that they take over to a corner and enjoy like its a meaty bone. So between all of us, 2 pounds of asparagus disappeared very quickly.

No comments: