Saturday, July 19, 2008

Weigh in Report for July 19th

@!#$*%$#**& (my attempt at an expletive rant)
I was up one pound today. My emotions swing from being pissed off to depressed to feeling like a fraud and a loser (and not the good kind). I worked my gate attendant job today so I had plenty of solitude to reflect on the results of the week. I mean, come on already! I have not been in new weight territory since the middle of May! May....we're talkin' like two frickin months ago! No real weight loss in two months.

On a side note this morning I only drove part of the way in to weight watchers and then pulled my bike out of the van and rode it the rest of the way. I estimate I rode about 2 1/2 miles each way. I also hit kettle bell class twice this week. I looked up the activity points for kettle bell and it is considered high intensity for 30 minutes and equals 5 activity points.

So I am looking over my journal and here are my points for each day. I am supposed to have 28 or 29 points per day not including 35 flex points and activity points. I am working off the idea that I had been restricting my calories too much and so I have made a point to use some of my flex and/or activity pionts. So here are the numbers: Sat= 38 ( I consider Sat my splurge day and allow myself 10 or so extra points) Sun=26, Mon=31, Tue=30, Wed=27, Thur=28, Fri=29. I don't think I went crazy this week.

I really hoped I would have a decent loss this week and either be back at my lowest or even in new territory. No suck luck (and I am beginning to thing this is weight loss thing has a lot to do with luck. It sure isn't calories in calories out like Jillian on Biggest Loser is always saying....at least not for me the last few months.

I will keep keeping on. I won't back down, I won't give up. I know that says something about me, I just wish I had some losses to go along with my resolve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brenda,
I don't think anyone could consider you a failure or loser. I think they might consider you impatient! Holy cow! You've lost about 70 lbs in a year! I'd say that's an incredible success. You're eating better, exercising, etc. This is about overall health, isn't it? Keep it up. The pounds will follow. I suspect maybe too much too soon with the Boot Camp thing and your body is just trying to catch up. You're doing great! You've certainly been an inspiration to me.