Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Product Review: Trader Joe's Meatless Balls

This is the second time I’ve had the meatless balls from Trader Joes. Six meatballs are 3 WW points, which considering their size is a pretty good value. These are precooked so all you have to do is heat and eat.

The first time I had them for dinner I baked them in the oven for 25 minutes and they came out so good. Just a little crunch on the outside like I like. I just put them on top of the pasta and sauce when we were ready to eat.

This time I just added them to a can of Marinara sauce with some onions and mushrooms. I didn’t like them this way as well as cooking in the sauce made them soggy. The taste is still really good and I am always looking for meat substitutes that John won’t protest.

The other day he needed an ice pack for his leg and wanted to use them instead of a bag of veggies and I could have come out of my skin. Not my Trader Joe’s Meatless Balls!!!! He does like them he was just trying to get a rise out of me.

No comments: