Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Product Review: Trader Joe's Buffalo Burger


I have always heard that buffalo is supposed to be very good for you. It is a lean meat and most often grass fed so it is high in Omega 3s. These were pretty reasonably priced. There were four good sized burgers in the packaged and I think they were $5.39 or something like that.
I threw them on the grill last week then topped with the usual hamburger fare. They were amazing. They were so meaty but without the grease. I figure any grease they contained originally was likely burned off from being on the grill. Each burger patty weighed 3.5 oz after cooking.

Now the nutritional on the box said to count 7 WW points for each burger. I just don’t see how they could have that many points for only 3.5 oz of super lean meat. I would estimate maybe 5 points at the outside for a patty considering that the leanness reminded me of venison more than beef. So I counted it at 5 instead of 7. Thinking back, maybe that was part of my 1 pound gain this week.

Anyway, they were delicious off the grill, although I would guess they would taste just as good off the George Foreman grill. I also thought the price was right. This will be on my next Trader Joe’s list for sure.

No comments: