Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bathing Suit

Hold on to your coulots everyone.

I bought a bathing suit today! I didn’t try it on (I made sure it could be returned though). My friend has a pool and after I gardened the other night I took a dip using one of her old swimsuits.

It has been at least 10 years since I have had a bathing suit on or went swimming. Her suit didn’t fit right so I wore my sports bra underneath it (glad it was just her and the kids). I really enjoyed it. The kids and I played games and did a lot of laughing and splashing.


I’ve always enjoyed swimming just never enjoyed the bathing suit part of it. So I decided I should find a suit (on the clearance rack of course) that I would feel more comfortable in should I decide to take another dip. I'm a long way from feeling comfortable wearing it in public but I am planning to go canoeing next week so I may even feel confident to wear it as we paddle down the river (I'll only scare the fish)!


Talk about a big step. Okay, this is not a pic of my new suit. It doesn’t cover quite this much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brenda!

Way to go! I was inspired to join WW not only because of your success but because I did buy a new bathing suit and looked in the mirror! LOL

Shelley