Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back to an Old Favorite

I started getting things back undercontrol Monday afternoon. Note I said afternoon........ I managed to polish off a packaged of vitamuffins in the morning (how did they get in my cart at Meijers????) I ended up with my points at 22 for the day, so I undid 6 points of damage which is a step in the right direction.

Today things really fell back in line. I didn't go to kettle bell today. I decided to workout by myself in the gym at work. It had been a long time since I did anything but change my clothes in there. The VP added a little mini fridge with bottled water while I've been gone. While I love my new friends and kettlebell workouts, this was a refreshing visit with an old friend. I didn't do anything particularly exciting.....one minute intervals between level 4 and level 10 on the treadmill walking at a brisk pace. I really worked up a sweat and felt great afterward.

I think this is another example of my extremism behavior. Instead of doing a little bit of everything, I get focused on one thing and do it ad nauseum. Moderation Brenda.....Moderation Maybe I need a tatoo of this on my forearm so I remember to live this way more often.

1 comment:

Lyn-Detroit said...

Brenda,
Keep up the good work, I can feel for you. Don't beat yourself up over weight. Fight the good fight. Really mix up the movement and that will stop the mundaneness.
Lyn (new friend)