Saturday, October 27, 2007

Weigh In/Workout Report for Sat Oct 27th


Whooooooo Hoooooooo!!!!! I had a fantastic loss of 4.8 lbs this week!! I have now lost 31.4 lbs in 13 weeks. I am astonished. This was my biggest loss of the 13 weeks. I am just thrilled.

I switched to Saturday morning weigh in at 8:30 am. A lot of geriatrics, but it was an okay meeting. The style of leader is very different from the Wednesday night meeting. It will take some getting used to. The best part was not cutting back on water or worrying about what I had eaten so far in the day. I showered, did hair and makeup, brushed my teeth and went to weigh in. I took a bottle of water and a serving of trail mix to eat during the meeting.


Here is my theory on my big loss this week. 1) It had been 9 days since my last weigh in, so that would account a little bit for the extra loss. 2) I have actually been following the Wendie Plan of weight watchers. If you have never heard of it, just google it and you will find a site that talks about it. Esentially you take in about the same amount of points thru the week as you would with normal weight watchers, but you screw with your points every day. You bounce up high and take in extra points some days, and then you bounce low and take in fewer points on some days. I believe this screws with your metabolism so your body doesn't get used to the same amount of points each day.


Now for the workout. Not quite as impressive as last week, but Deb and I hit the Rails to trails and logged at least 5 1/2-6 miles. Our only complaint, we are so busy talking we never hear those damn bicyclist whizz up behind us and they scare the bejesus out of us! Aren't they supposed to ring their bell or something? We would have walked farther, but Deb thought there was a storm coming and evidently thought we were so sweet we would melt if rained on.


Great start to the weekend!
P.S. Pic is of our "Cruise" this summer with his "jolly ball" his absolute favorite toy.

No comments: