Monday, October 22, 2007

Saturday activity



Saturday I administered a CGC (Canine Good Citizen) test for a nearby kennel club. The CGC test is a 10 step test to essentially prove your dog is within your control and a good citizen. Your dog does not have to be a purebred in order to take the test and it generally costs around $10. If you would like more information on the Canine Good Citizen test, visit akc.org. Ruby got to go as my demo dog. She is by far my best trained of the 7.



Later that day I headed over to my friend Deb’s house for a walk we had been planning. Originally we planed to walk from her house to the nearby mall (5 miles each way). We ended up going about 8 miles. I can’t tell you for sure because I have once again lost my weight watchers pedometer. Total walk time was between 3 and 3 ½ hours. While this was less than our original goal, my body sure knew that I had walked 8 miles. I don’t think I have ever walked that far at one time. It definitely counted as a kick ass work out.


When I returned to my house, I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to get out of the car walk into the house. Of course to recuperate, I took a 2 hour nap. We have another walk planned for this Saturday.

No comments: