Friday, August 22, 2008

Stress? What Stress?

Actually other than putting in longer hours than normal, this week hasn’t really been that bad. My boss in a moment of emotional weakness said that he valued my opinion on chosing my replacement and asked me along with two coworkers to conduct the 2nd interviews. I asked him to repeat what he just said louder and into the microphone and he said “no, you only get to hear that once. I really think he is going to miss me. I’m sure he would never say it, but some things you just know.

It was nice to be on the other side of the interview table. I was really nervous interviewing for my new position as it had been four years since I had used those “pick me!” skills.

It is going to be really hard leaving next week. As I took my replacement around the factory floor to introduce her to people, those that had not heard I was leaving said they were very sad to see me go and I even got some hugs. Really flattering.

Eating has been stellar. I have continued to eat my 6 meals consisting of about 22 grams protein and 22 grams carbs and keep my fat intake to about 30 grams per day. Other than impatiently waiting for the feedings on Sunday and Monday, it has gone smoothly again this week.

I did manage to pawn my trainee off on someone else for an hour so I could make kettle bell class today. My kettle bell days are numbered with changing jobs and I want to spend all the lunch hours with my girls that I can. Very good class. We spent the first 15 minutes doing timed snatches along with two handed swings then she had set up 6 bells of progressive weight (lightest was 35 pounds and the heaviest was 88 pounds) For the first lap, we had to do 10 sumo squats with each bell. Let me tell you, by the time I finished with the 88 pounder, my thighs felt like I had cement blocks strapped to them. We did the same thing (only backwards…started with heaviest weights and finished with lightest) only plie squats instead o sumos. Amazing how the 35 pound bell felt like a marshmallow after lifting the big boy.

No comments: