Friday, August 15, 2008

Big News

I am so sorry for being MIA this week. BUT, I have big news! I have been offered (and accepted) a job back in my home town. The week has been filled with secretive interviews, 2nd interviews and actually telling my boss that I am leaving. Emotionally draining for certain. In fact I came home from work tonight and promptly fell asleep for two hours. \

About the job....."career wise" if you consider my degree, this was a step backwards. My new job is being the secretary to the county clerk. "Life wise" this is a huge step in the right direction. The pros to taking this job are many; my commute will be a whole four miles each way. My mom will be working just one floor up from my office so we will be able to spend so much more time together than we have in the past. The county has a better retirement plan, optical, dental, and more vacation and paid holidays than you can shake a stick at!

It will be hard to leave my job as I do enjoy (nearly all) of my coworkers and really respect my boss. I have learned and grown so much in the past four years in this position. I don't think that the automotive industry is a very good place to be at this time in our economy, no one knows what the big three is going to do or how it is going to trickle down and affect the tier two and three suppliers. Some of the biggest cons to leaving are not job related. I will be leaving my kettle bell gym and the amazing girls that I have become friends with. I'll have to actually pay to join a gym as I won't have a gym in the building like I am used to.

I am aprehensive about how all these changes will affect my weight loss. I'll no longer be able to fit my workouts in the middle of the day. I'm going to have to have the fortitude to make sure that I workout before or after work. Of course, while the weather is nice, mom and I will walk on our lunch to fit in a bit more activity.

So these are good changes, but changes none the less. I am pleased to say that even with all the drama and stress this week, I stuck exactly to my eating plan and just know that I am looking at a good loss tomorrow.

No comments: