Monday, August 25, 2008

Horsin' Around

Well, I’ve managed to cross something else off my “Want List”. I can now say I have been horseback riding for the first time in 10 years. Today I went for a 2 hour trail ride with Nikki, Jenny, and Liberty (or as I like to call them, my Kettle Bell Girls). I loved the liability agreement we all had to sign. One of the questions asked if you were under or over 240 pounds! It was wonderful to be able to mark under. I couldn’t have done that last year.

I’m not sure if I can actually call what I did horseback riding because I really rode Molly the mule. Okay, at least she was half horse. Talk about a pushy girl. I guess we were well matched because all she wanted to do was snack as we rode. I really worked my shoulders and biceps pulling the reins up to get her to stop eating.

Liberty (my trainer) pointed out that we were using our core strength to balance and ride. That girl can point out the fitness in everything. I can’t believe I would get to see these girls three days a week. I am going to miss them so much. Fortunately, Liberty does offer some Saturday boot camps, so I am going to plan to get over there for those classes. Plus there are other things I will need to go back for too. The local feed store sells the brand of dog food I buy $6 cheaper than I can get here at home (when you go through a bag a week, that savings adds up). Plus I’ll need to come over every couple of weeks to pick up my Amish eggs. I just keep reminding myself that this isn’t good bye. It’s just a change in scheduling. The friendships I have made in these three girls are not friendships of convenience, I really think they are long term friends.

No comments: