Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Variations of a Salad

I eat a salad every day for lunch. Last week I had a sub at subway and I think the carbohydrates really made my workout suffer later that afternoon. So I will stick with my salad.

I used to use romaine and add chicken, mushrooms, tomatoes, and lots of bac-os topped with FF ranch dressing. I have recently switched from using Romaine lettuce to organic baby spinach. I believe there’s more nutritional value to spinach and I do really enjoy the taste. While I do love chicken on my salad sometimes you need to mix things up. Plus you’ll be pleased to know that I no longer buy or use bac-os. Whew, another bad habit broken!

Today I made what I call a “pizza salad” I stuck with my baby spinach but instead of chicken I cut up a couple of servings of Turkey pepperoni and added mushrooms and a serving of FF mozzarella cheese. Instead of FF ranch dressing, I used low fat balsamic vinaigrette. Kind of spicy and very good!

No comments: